See something that looks familiar here? Perhaps you saw it first over at Family Home and Life, my other blog.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Easy Christmas Decorating Idea

First published at Family Home and Life. 

Gramma’s workshop has been on overload for a while now! I’m sorry but there is not enough time in the day to make the kids gifts and post about it all at the same time. I’ll have to do that later. But I did want to share a Christmas decorating idea with you.




 *This is a re-post from last year.*
I am seeing glass covered cake stands, cloches, and glass domes used for decorating everywhere and decided to see if I could do something fun for Christmas with my cake stand. I like to use what I already have whenever possible, and that's just what I did with this idea. This is what I came up with!

I created a little scene on the cake plate, and sprinkled artificial snow on it. Holding the cover over the sink, and using my fingers, I dabbed the top with a little water and let some drip down the sides.



Then immediately, using a spoon, I generously sprinkled some sugar on the wet area and then set it aside to dry. When it was dry, I carefully turned it over tapping gently, allowing the excess sugar to fall into the sink, and then placed the cover on top of the cake stand.


What do you think? I love it! When Christmas is over, it will go into the dish washer for easy clean up.


 Copyright © 2013 by Hill House Homestead ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

2 comments:

  1. Great Idea! So creative and cute!!
    Blessings,
    Diane Roark
    www.recipesforourdailybread.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Im going to do the same thing today!

    ReplyDelete

Gosh I love to read your comments! Thanks for leaving one :)