See something that looks familiar here? Perhaps you saw it first over at Family Home and Life, my other blog.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Benjamin Biggs Quilt A Long

I am following along with the Benjamin Biggs Quilt A Long from Just Takes 2. You will find a permanent link in my right column at the bottom if you are interested. There is also a Facebook group. I missed out on the first block, made the second one and third one, haven't had time to do the fourth yet. I chose to use pink and green instead of red and green for my quilt. I just can't seem to leave things alone; always have to add my own twist to things. So, I didn't shape the rosebud leaves like the BB quilt pattern. I found it too tedious and didn't like the way it looked with the rest of patterns anyway.





On the third block, I cringed at the tiny skinny cherry stems and decided to make my own pattern for that block. I wanted it to be balanced with the other blocks and the original pattern seemed too wimpy. I really love my version! For the fourth block, well I like it ok but kinda wondering if I might change it a little too ;)  I guess we will see.

I have not participated in a quilt a long before but it is fun. I am quite sure I will not make this whole quilt as the original is huge! I think I would like a half size, and of course I want to pick and choose which blocks to include. I also have a dinosaur quilt in progress that needs to be completed by this fall, and upcoming birthday gifts to make so the BB quilt has to take a back seat most of the time. Check out the original quilt here.


I link at these parties.


Copyright © 2013 by Hill House Homestead ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

19 comments:

  1. These look so pretty, Connie! : ) I have not touched the 4th block yet either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blocks! I'm partial to pink and green too. I haven't made a quilt yet, but have bought the supplies to make one. Now to get around to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty blocks! I am new to your blog and to this quilt along, will have to go check it out!

    http://www.sewwithkelly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't quilt at all -- absolutely no desire -- but I do love to admire them! I LOVE the way you tweeked the 3rd block - it does look great with the 2nd one! Can't wait to see what you come up with on number 4. So will you go back and do the 1st one or do you just get to skip it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I love this so much. Why am I not doing this? I love applique. This is so pretty. I like the pink and green fabrics together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fabric choices are going to make such a beautiful quilt. I am crazy about block #3...would be content with a full quilt of just that one block repeated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Quilt! I admire anyone that has your talent. Pinned! Thank you so much for stopping by our party, and I hope you will stop by next Tuesday. I'm following you now. Lou Lou Girls http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous applique! You are so ambitious.... Good for you.... Thank much for sharing, girl!! :)
    “hugs” Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wholeheartedly agree. You are very ambitious and very talented. Thank you for sharing this with us. I have helped cut and assemble quilt tops, but never the applique type. Wow. Great Job!

      Delete
  9. It's beautiful. Visiting from Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, what patience you must have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love handwork and this appliqué is just stunning! Thanks for linking got the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party! So glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really looking great. I love the pink and green! Tweaking it makes it your own. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing your progress with the HomeAcre Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is beautiful and I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how pretty this quilt block is and thanks for sharing your progress at the party. I have to start a quilt I am going to try making a subway tile or squares baby quilt. I'm a little nervous. I've made a few but, never subway & I really want to try. Your work is inspiring! Theresa @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love quilts! This one is so pretty!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party! I hope you will join us again this Saturday at 8:00 am EST!

    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  17. This quilt is beautiful! Pinned! Thank you so much for stopping by our party. Please join us next Tuesday because I love to see your handy work. Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

Gosh I love to read your comments! Thanks for leaving one :)